JOHN 3:16 ADULT FICTION BLOG
Today we are featuring Rose Mccauley who lives in the beautiful bluegrass region of Kentucky on a farm surrounded by God's creation.. She has been writing for over ten years and has been published in several non-fiction anthologies and devotionals. She is a retired schoolteacher and has been happily married to her sweetheart for over 43 years. She is also the mother to three grown children and their spouses and Mimi to three lovely grandkids.
Rose's website is http://www.rosemccauley.com
Rose blogsite is http://www.rosemccauley.blogspot.com
1. Rose can you tell us when did you first know that you would be an author? I always liked to make up stories and write, but didn't decide to pursue publication until I retired from teaching 13 years ago.
2. Who are your favorite authors? Whomever I am reading at the time! I just finished three historicals by Kim Vogel Sawyer, a wonderful author!
3. What are your favorite books? I love the Jan Karon books and other series set in small towns like several by Deb Raney.
4. Rose would you share with us your journey to publication? I wrote my first book and took it to the first ACFW conference almost 9 years ago. While there I learned how much I had to learn, so I went home and started studying, taking online classes and reading and writing. I've written four novels and started several others, but just got my first fiction contract last September, and the book comes out in September.
5. What advice do you have for an aspiring author? Join a group like ACFW, read lots of genres and writing books, and keep writing!
6. Have you ever explored interracial themes in your writing? I did have a book rejected once because the heroine was part Indian and the hero was white.
7. What are the keys to success for a writer? Perseverance and prayer.
8. Tell us about your future projects? I am almost ready to submit another anthology proposal with two other authors and then next month plan another proposal. I also have a women's fiction novel I plan to brainstorm with a couple writer friends. Too many ideas to ever stop writing!
CHRISTMAS BELLES OF GEORGIA
SURPRISED BY LIFE -AND LOVE -AT CHRISTMAS
Four letters are mailed from Monticello, a small antebellum town in Georgia. Sisters once, now heirs to a historic plantation, each young women must come to terms with the circumstances of her birth...
When she learns in a letter she's adopted, Holly feels betrayed by her parents- and she books a flight out of Missouri immediately. Will she ever be able to love again?
Raised in a wealthy, loveless home, Carol rushes to Monticello from college in Atlanta when she receives her letter. She's searching for family, but finds instead a boy she once mistreated. Will he remember her?...forgive her?
In one year, Starr has lost her parents, boyfriend, and job, so she's sure her letter is more bad news. When the attorney flies to California to offer proof, Starr takes a second look-at the message and the man.
Noelle always knew that she was adopted-and she always loved the foremen on her father's Texas ranch too. But he's so distant...perhaps a trip to Georgia is the break in life that she needs.
Will the sisters receive a traditional Christmas gift...of love.