Bernard's Word Welcomes Amanda Stephan
Today's guest is Amanda Stephan. I apologize for being a day late and I will explain why on Monday. I hope that today's article will inspire you to go after your dreams. Please support Amanda by visiting her site and purchasing her products.
1. Tell us when did you first know that you would be an author? When I couldn't find anything to read. I was always more happy sitting down and writing my own stories. I guess that's when I first had an inkling.
2. Who are your favorite authors? Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, Charles Dickens, C.S. Lewis, to name just a few.
3. What are your favorite books? Beside the Bible, I'd have to say my favorite book is Pride and Prejudice with Jane Eyre at a very close second.
4. What advice do you have for aspiring authors? Keep plugging away. Surround yourself with caring people for those times when you hit that wall of discouragement. And there's no shame in walking away from your computer to keep yourself from responding in anger.
5. Have you explored interracial themes in your writing? At this point, I haven't explored any interracial themes in my writing, but I can't say that I won't. Personally I see an opportunity for God's blessing and working in such relationships, and ministries that could abound from such. I think that all too often, we put God into a box instead of letting Him work through us and use us for His glory and honor.
6. What are the keys to success for a writer? PRAYER, PRAYER, PRAYER! Ask for God's will to be done. I'd rather be at the bottom of the Amazon list and in God's will than to be at the top and out of it. However that's easier said than done!:)
7. Tell us about your future projects? My second novel, Lonely Hearts, will be released in October of this year, and I'm so excited! It's about one lonely mother. Two matchmaking kids. Three very eligible bachelors and a VERY yummy apple pie.
The Price Of Trust is about an abused young woman betrayed by her fiance who finds trusting God is the only thing she can do to survive and love again.
If you are interested in reading more about THE PRICE OF TRUST go to http://www.booksbyamanda.com/sneak-peek.html. (I've read the three chapters and I'm hooked. Amanda has written a very intriguing story).
At this site is also the first chapter of Amanda's next novel LONELY HEARTS.
You can contact Amanda at the following sites:
Leave a comment on today's interview and win a FREE pdf File of PRICE OF TRUST. The winner will announced next week.